MOMMY MAKEOVER PLASTIC SURGERY
FOR PLASTIC SURGEONS IN NEWPORT BEACH CALL – (949) 565-2121
- Procedure Highlights:
- Improved post-pregnancy recovery
- Outpatient, nonsurgical procedures possible
- Added day-to-day comfort and enjoyment
- Minimized risk through staggered sessions
Although pregnancy and motherhood are often considered two of the most exhilarating and beneficial times in a woman’s life, many women are surprised to find just how much their body can change during pregnancy and afterwards. Understandably, some women have difficulty adjusting to the unwanted and permanent physical changes, which can cause them emotional harm, reduce their self-esteem, and cast their appearance into a negative self-image. Some changes may be subtle stretch marks and varicose veins, and others can be significant, such as sagging breasts that are smaller than before or larger hips and waistline.
At Pacific Center Plastic Surgery, our Newport Beach plastic surgeons have developed a series of treatments that can correct, improve, reduce, or eliminate post-pregnancy bodily changes, both common and rare. We refer to these treatments, which can include the use of highly-advanced lasers and newly-improved liposuction, as the “mommy makeover”.
The wellbeing of our clients is our number one priority, so we are pleased to say that most mommy makeover treatments are either nonsurgical or simple surgeries that do not require inpatient procedures.
If you would like to know more about Mommy Makeover treatments, contact our office today.
A WORD FROM DR. LARRY NICHTER
DR. HOROWITZ EXPLAINS HOW CELEBRITY BODIES CAN BE POSSIBLE
TREATMENTS & PROCEDURES IN MOMMY MAKEOVERS
A woman’s body can be unexpectedly altered nearly from head-to-toe after pregnancy and childbirth. Mommy makeover procedures are varied yet specific, allowing you to restore and rejuvenate your body to a youthful, healthier look, regardless of how you have been affected by pregnancy.
Mommy makeover procedures include:
- Breast augmentation: After pregnancy, a woman’s breasts may change dramatically, whether or not she even chooses to breastfeed her child. After the need for breastmilk production passes, breasts will often reduce in size but leave excess loose skin, especially in the upper region. Breast augmentation can restore a woman’s breasts to her ideal shape and size.
- Breast lift:Removing excess skin around the breasts following a pregnancy can tighten and visibly lift the breast. Depending the amount of “lifting” required, the incisions necessary to complete the procedure may vary but are generally low.
- Tummy tuck:Most women will experience a noticeable change to their abdominal region after pregnancy, either caused by excess skin and increased body fat, or a weakening of the muscles that causes the stomach to sag. Another common condition is a protruding bellybutton. All of these alterations can be improved and restored through a tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty. In some cases, stretch marks can be eliminated entirely, or the bellybutton can be removed through umbilicoplasty.
- Liposuction: Pregnant or nursing women can experience fat build ups in new locations throughout their bodies, including the stomach, hips, legs, and arms. Liposuction is an easy and effective way to address these extra fat pockets. We can also help you figure out if diet and exercise used in conjunction with liposuction will be to your benefit.
- Labiaplasty: The birth canal undergoes great stress and pressure when giving birth, sometimes causing tears or damage to the labia and vagina. Labiaplasty and vaginal tightening are two outpatient procedures we can use to restore the elasticity and strength of your labia and vagina.
- Skin pigment correction: Sometimes called “the mask of pregnancy,” discolored splotches of brown and red often appear on a pregnant woman’s face. Our skin aesthetician from BioSpa, our clinical skin care department, can use laser treatments, chemical peels, gradual bleaching, and other gentle yet effective techniques to correct alterations in your skin pigmentation.
- Varicose vein removal: Darkened and thickened veins that arise during pregnancy may be distracting, unpleasant, and permanent. Talk to our team about varicose vein removal and reduction procedures, including lasers, injections, and minimal outpatient surgery options.
Using a combination of operations and procedures is also highly recommended. Not only will you likely reduce the overall cost of your mommy makeover, but you reduce the amount of anesthetics and the recovery time needed after procedures. Ask our team about how you can combine operations into the least number of visits possible.
GET THE BODY SHAPE YOU LOVE AGAIN
Mothers deserve to feel comfortable in their own bodies after going through pregnancy and childbirth. If you have experienced unwelcome bodily changes, our Newport Beach plastic surgeons would be happy to explain all of your options to you. It is our goal to see you satisfied with both our service and yourself.