CALIFORNIA BREAST LIFTTM IN NEWPORT BEACH
BREAST AUGMENTATION & LIFT WITH YOUR OWN BODY FAT
The California Breast LiftTM is a procedure which transfers unwanted fat from the abdomen or thighs to the breasts.
Advantages of Using Your Own Body Fat
- Fat cells are natural and native to your own body, not foreign.
- Harvesting of fat by liposuction has the added benefit to enhance your shape by removing unwanted fat zones
- The breast can be shaped or sculpted in more detail than is possible with implants alone
- Minimal incisions reduce the possibility and degree of scarring
- No implant is used, therefore there is never a need for replacement, and there is no risk of rupture, hardening, or rippling
- Recovery time is faster: about 1 week and usually less discomfort than with implants
As a general rule, surgeons with extensive experience in grafting large volumes of fat are most likely to obtain the best results. We believe fat transfer should only be performed by surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery that have experience in fat grafting. Few plastic surgeons have this experience. This ensures that your surgeon has advanced knowledge and technical familiarity, but also the subtle anatomy and aesthetics of breast augmentation.
California Breast LiftTM Results
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR A CALIFORNIA BREAST LIFTTM?
Any woman who has considered breast augmentation, a breast lift, or breast reconstruction but does not want to do so with an artificial implant is an excellent candidate for the California Breast LiftTM. This alternative to breast implants makes use of fat grafting (also known as lipoinjection), using the patient’s own body fat to enhance and augment the breasts. This means that the California Breast LiftTM comes without the potential issues associated with saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling, or rupture.
Candidates for a California Breast LiftTM include:
- Any woman who is healthy
- Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
- Women considering breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger
- Women who have had breast augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
- Women with normal mammography
HOW IS A CALIFORNIA BREAST LIFTTM PERFORMED?
The California Breast LiftTM is basically performed in two steps:
- Harvesting the fat: Fat is removed from your abdomen, hips, “love handles” or other areas using a fine cannula similar to the one used for liposuction but skinnier. This fat is rinsed with sterile saline solution and then packaged into syringes and prepared for transfer. Approximately 20% of fat removed is suitable and available for fat grafting.
- Fat transfer into the breasts: The prepared fat is injected in small amounts at a time and widely distributed within the layers of the breast so that these living fat cells can pick up a healthy new blood supply.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
To ask a specific question about the California Breast LiftTM, or to simply get more information, please call us and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff.