NEWPORT BEACH TUMMY TUCK
A Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE?
- Patients who are healthy but have excess skin or fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.
- Patients who have undergone significant weight loss and have hanging skin.
- Women with loose skin and stretch marks following pregnancy.
- Anyone with loss of skin elasticity.
- Patients who are unable to tighten the abdominal wall with exercise.
- If you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin; often associated with relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently secondary to multiple pregnancies).After a tummy tuck, the result is often a smoother and flatter abdomen with lasting results as long as you maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
This is an operation designed to improve the appearance of the abdomen, which may be overly protruding, or may have excess loose skin and fat. There are variations of the standard operation, including “mini-tucks,” which may be of benefit to patients who require removal of a small amount of skin and/or tightening of the abdominal muscles below the umbilicus (belly button). This can be done in conjunction with an umbilicoplasty, improving the size/shape of the belly button. Most patients with massive weight loss require a more extensive operation. Frequently, additional enhancing surgeries such as liposuction to improve the waist line or other regions, pubis lift or breast surgery can be performed at the same time without delaying your recovery period. Please discuss with your doctor if this applies to you.
Tummy Tuck Before and Afters
Under general anesthesia, an incision is made across the lower part of the abdomen at the pubic hair line extending to your hips. A circular incision is made around the navel which stays attached to the muscle. The skin is then separated from the muscle up toward the ribs, so that it can be pulled down like a window shade. The tummy is then “tightened,” (narrowing and flattening the abdomen) by stitching the muscles together to a position of youth and pre-pregnancy. “Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients. A pubis lift can reduce the redundant pubis skin or excess amount of hair bearing tissue.