Is stubborn fat keeping you from achieving the figure you want? While there are many non-surgical fat reductions available today, liposuction is still the most predictable procedure available.
As you may already know, liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the world. This is because it has remained the most effective way to remove larger areas of fat while also providing a permanent result, as long as the patient maintains a healthy weight. Every person is born with a certain number of fat cells, so the ones removed with liposuction can’t return, and your body won’t produce new cells. What is important to understand is that liposuction does not remove all fat cells in the treated area. After surgery, remaining fat cells can expand like a balloon filled with air if a patient eats poorly and/or doesn’t exercise, which will compromise the result. For this reason, it is important to consider whether you are capable of protecting your investment after having liposuction. If not, you may be throwing your money away if you have the procedure.
Here’s a simple guide about liposuction and why it remains as one of the most requested plastic surgery procedures.
- Liposuction can treat multiple areas in one surgery. For example, it is common to have fat removed from the abdomen and hips at the same time. It is also used for the arms, thighs, knees, upper/lower back, armpit area, love handles, chin/neck, and to reduce the appearance of gynecomastia (male breasts).
- Liposuction is easily combined with fat grafting. It has become very popular to have fat removed from one or more areas of the body and then have it re-purposed by placing it in another area that could benefit from added volume. An example of this is buttock augmentation. Fat removed can be placed in the buttocks to create better shape and improve the appearance of cellulite. This procedure is frequently referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift, and has become extremely popular here in Southern California.
- Patients who wish to further improve their figure further can also combine liposuction with other plastic surgery procedures such as a tummy tuck or body lift.
- Larger amounts of fat can be removed with liposuction than with non-invasive fat reduction treatments.
- In most cases, only one procedure is needed to obtain optimal results. For those with more fat than can be removed safely in one surgical setting, either weight loss will be required before surgery can take place, or more than one surgery will be needed.
Although liposuction can help contour your body, it’s not a weight loss tool or a solution for obesity. The best candidates are those who are close to their ideal weight. Compromising factors for having liposuction can include poor skin quality and intra-abdominal fat.
If you are ready to achieve a more attractive body shape, liposuction may just be the right solution for you.?