The sun was scorching the past weekend. If you got sunburned, that can be very uncomfortable. Taking NSAIDs (like aspirin or Ibuprofen) may help relieve pain and inflammation, especially if you take it within 24 hours of getting the sunburn.
Here are some other natural remedies to help.
- Vinegar apply vinegar to the area then cover with a towel overnight
- Oatmeal soak in an oatmeal (not instant) bath for 30-40 minutes
- Black tea soak three bags of black tea in a pitcher or warm water then apply with a rag to your skin
- Pure vanilla extract not the imitation kind; again, apply to skin
- Witch hazel may also lessen healing time and prevent peeling and flaking
Of course, there’s always good old aloe vera. Make sure you get the lotion or gel without alcohol to avoid it from drying your skin. Better yet, cut a piece off an actual aloe vera plant and apply its soothing gel to your skin directly from the natural source.