- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup Red Hot hot sauce (or another kind you like)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise and put them face down on a cookie sheet. Put in the oven to cook for about 25-30 minutes depending how thick they are. You will know when they are done if they are easy to push on, on the skin side. If you pull them out early and the inside doesn’t come out easily with a spoon, you’ll need to cook them a bit longer.
- While your sweet potatoes cook, put out a pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add a bit of olive oil to the hot pan then add your garlic and onions to start cooking down.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the ground turkey and use a large spoon to break it up to help cook it a bit quicker.
- When the turkey is half way done cooking, add the spices. Let the turkey cook until no longer pink or until completely cooked through, take off heat.
- Now pull your sweet potatoes out of the oven and use a large spoon to scoop out the insides. Be careful to not go totally to the skin or it may tear and be pointless to add meat to.
- Put the insides of the sweet potatoes directly into your pan of turkey and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Now scoop out the new mixture and put into your sweet potato skins. You can go as high as you want. Think of it as a loaded bake potato
load that sh*t on!!
- Now put those loaded sweet potatoes back on the cookie sheet, face up, back into the oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes just to meld the flavors together and harden the top a bit
- Now eat them. They are SO GOOD.
Article Reference: http://paleomg.com/loaded-turkey-stuffed-twice-baked-sweet-potatoes/