Graduate, SUNY, Buffalo, Medical School 1977
- General Surgery Internship, Boston University 1978
- General Surgery Residency, Emory University 1978-1982
- Clinical and Laboratory Research 1981
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency, University of Virginia1982-1985
- Craniofacial and Maxillofacial Surgery Fellowship 1983
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 1987
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate Association
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Clinical Assistant Professor, USC
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Plasticos FoundationVice President
- Published Recognitions:
- Orange Coast Magazine, Riviera Magazine, The Best Doctors in America
- Top Doctors, Top Surgeons, Who’s Who, The Best Plastic Surgeons
- America’s Top Doctors, Patient’s Choice, Real Self Top Doctor
- Publications: See Curriculum Vitaefor complete list
Dr. Jed Horowitz began his career in Southern California in 1985. During his career he has used his artistic surgical skills to perform thousands of cosmetic procedures. His vast knowledge and experience have allowed him to create beautiful, natural surgical results. Dr. Horowitz is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). He has been recognized for his outstanding work by many publications including The Best Doctors in America and Top Surgeons. In 2013, Jed Horowitz, MD was selected, once again, to be honored in the annual peer-reviewed publication, America’s Top Doctors. Only physicians such as Dr. Horowitz, who are considered to be among the top 1% in their specialties, are selected for inclusion in America’s Top Doctors.
After graduating Medical School at SUNY, Buffalo, Dr. Horowitz completed a Surgical Internship at Boston University and a General Surgery Residency at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Horowitz then received extensive Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training at the University of Virginia. He also completed a fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Horowitz is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of local, national and international organizations and societies. These include: the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS); the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS); the California Society of Plastic Surgery; and the Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons. Furthermore, he has held teaching positions at local medical schools and is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach.
The culminations of years of intensive training and surgical experience have provided the catalyst for developing innovative techniques such as the Lite Lift®. Early in the development of the Lite Lift®, Dr. Horowitz watched newer facelift modifications, including Vertical and Short Scar methods. It became clear to Dr. Horowitz that patients wanted simpler procedures with quicker healing that, if desired, could be performed in the office with a local anesthetic. Dr. Horowitz coined the term “Lite Lift®to represent a modified facelift that was “lighter” and simpler in all aspects. The rest is facelift history!
In addition to facial cosmetic surgery, Dr. Horowitz’s patients benefit from his modernizations in Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, and Breast Reduction using shorter incisions, Fat Grafts, and Shaped Implants. Body contouring for men and women are also some of his most frequently requested procedures.
Aside from his busy cosmetic practice, Dr. Horowitz is involved with humanitarian work as the Vice President of The Plasticos Foundation. He routinely travels abroad to developing countries to perform reconstructive surgery on children and teach local doctors modern surgical skills.
Dr. Horowitz’s warm, compassionate bedside manner and excellent surgical skills have attracted a strong patient following throughout Orange County. Patient interest in the Lite Lift®,and other original procedures at the Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery, have drawn both men and women from all of California as well as other parts of the United States.