DR. LARRY NICHTER NEWPORT BEACH PLASTIC SURGEON
Dr. Nichter holds certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is also a member of numerous plastic surgery societies.
He has over 20 years’ experience practicing in Southern California and has been recognized by his peers and other industry experts as a leader in plastic surgery, both for his surgical skills and patient care. Dr. Nichter has been acknowledged as one of the “Best Plastic Surgeons in Orange County”, and he has received many awards and designations, including Real Self 100, Real Self, Top Doctor, Super Doctors, and Compassionate Doctor.
He is highly skilled in the latest advances in face and neck rejuvenation, specializing in the Lite Lift® modified facelift procedure offered exclusively at his Newport Beach practice. Other areas of expertise include breast augmentation with implants or fat transfer, minimal scar breasts lift, and breast reductions. Dr. Nichter also specializes in body procedures such as tummy tuck, liposuction, and vaginal rejuvenation.
Patients are attracted to Dr. Nichter’s calm, warm demeanor, and find his bedside manner comforting as they go through their surgical journey. He is passionate about patient education and ensuring the right procedure is performed to achieve the best result with the least amount of surgery necessary. He is upfront and honest with all of his patients.
If surgery is not the best answer, he will be forthcoming with his reasons and provide alternatives, if available.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Nichter, please call: (949) 565-2121
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND MEDICAL MISSION WORK
An honors graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, Dr. Nichter went on to complete his internship and residency in general surgery at UCLA Medical Center. Subsequently, he completed his Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Virginia. In addition, Dr. Nichter completed several advanced Plastic Surgical Fellowships at the University of Virginia as well as completing a Masters of Science degree in Surgery. His training included extensive exposure to advanced Aesthetic Surgical Techniques.
His career began in 1985 as a professor of plastic surgery at the esteemed University of Southern California. Dr Nichter has written more than 135 journal articles, book chapters and a book on Plastic Surgery. Over the years, he has trained and mentored countless plastic surgery residents and fellows.
Dr. Nichter is the President and Founder of the Plasticos Foundation, a non-profit medical group, which performs reconstructive surgery on children and adults in impoverished areas of the world where medical care is not readily available. In 2016, a new local initiative called Reshaping Lives CA was launched to meet the reconstructive surgical needs of those without medical care or financial means. Dr. Nichter has participated in more than 70 medical missions through the Plasticos Foundation and other organizations. A film, The Story of Healing, documenting his mission to Vietnam earned an Oscar Academy Award. Visit the Plasticos Foundation website for more information.
Dr. Nichter has formerly served two terms as both Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery at one of the largest Plastic Surgical Departments in the world located at Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA. Dr. Nichter serves on committees for the American Society of Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and has served as a Board Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has been featured in countless publications, TV, and radio across the globe and locally in U.S. News and World Report, Newsweek, Los Angeles Times, and Orange County Register. Time Magazine’s June 2015 issued included a cover story, which spotlighted Dr. Nichter and one of his facelift patients.
View Dr. Nichter’s complete curriculum vitae here.
- Boston University: BA (honors) 1973
- University of Virginia: MS (Surgery) 1985
- Harvard Medical School/MIT
- Neuroscience, Non Matric 1973
- Boston University School of Medicine 1978 (AOA Honor Medical Society)
- University of Virginia Department of Plastic Surgery:
- Plastic Surgery Residency 1984-1985
- Hand/Microsurgery fellowship 1982
- Maxillofacial/Craniofacial fellowship 1983
Certifications & Professional Recognition
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1986
- American Board of Surgery 1984
Societies, Memberships, and Affiliations
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Association of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Laser Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Academic/ Hospital Positions
- Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- Clinical Professor, USC Division of Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Professor (Vol.), University of California, Irvine, Division of Plastic Surgery
Honors/Awards (Partial List)
- Outstanding resident awarded by UCLA
- American College of Surgeons research award
- Orange County Medical Society Physician of Excellence